The best way to reach a milestone is to work through the process step-by-step so that you can successfully reach the goals you set starting from the beginning. At Athento, we are very aware of this. To help you complete steps easily and in order, and so you can keep on top of everything, we have implemented a new document lifecycle management scheme. With a completely optimised functionality, it’ll quickly show you the different phases, without skipping over any part of the procedure that makes up a project.
From the user interface, you can now establish and identify the different stages that a document will pass through.
These lifecycles can be used from the queues to create inboxes for the different lifecycle stages. They are visible from the document view. I.
The document lifecycle can be managed from the document type menu.
Below, we’ll tell you about the main characteristics that we included in the new document lifecycle management scheme:
- Availability of information related to the document’s origin in order to determine its source with total certainty (email, user interface, etc.).
- Change of default document type in a series by clicking on the “Document Types” tab, which administers the content.
- Through the user interface, now you can define if a document type is used to classify by page.
We have also updated Athento to facilitate document lifecycle management with the following novelties:
- New way to rename navigation folders: now you’ll find this possibility in a separate button next to the folder name instead of by clicking on the folder name.
- The control of permissions for uploading documents from the navigation bar has been improved.
- The “Document” button is now also accessible for users with editing restrictions who have read only permissions. You can use it from the document view.
And of course we couldn’t offer you a new smart document management system to provide you with the most effective use of the system without correcting the common errors users come across that we’ve identified:
- Review of reading permissions in the date and boolean fields.
- Correction of errors in the management of Choice-type metadata options.
- Management of permissions for queues.
- Errors in permission management for the quick create button.
- Errors in permissions management for public forms.
- Correction of errors in permissions management in the Move to Folder function.
- Correction in the request for a free trial.