Cover the whole content lifecycle with Athento
Don't have an ECM platform yet? Don't worry: Athento solves your problems by covering all Enterprise Content Management components. Athento offers a powerful ECM platform and its document capture software that allows your company to cover the entire business content lifecycle. Check out Athento's technical features!
Capture is the process that allows for storing enterprise content (whether it's a paper or digital file), from different sources, into an enterprise content management system. That process allows us to obtain important information regarding the contents to be captured. Athento, with its Athento Capture Component, let's you:
- * Digitize documents: You can digitize paper documents from Athento or connect Athento to your scanner. You can also digitize documents from one location or from several at the same time.
- * Capture content such as e-mails and faxes: With Athento Popmail, you can store documents attached to e-mails and other mailroom features.
- * Batch separation: Athento can separate batches of documents that have already been scanned and store them in a single file or several individual files.
- * Document identification and classification: Athento Capture can recognize document types in order to save them in specific locations, start workflows, extract/capture data, etc.
- * Automatic data extraction and manual validation: Athento allows you to extract important data from your documents without you having to intervene in the extraction. It also gives you the opportunity to confirm that the data extraction has been carried out properly.
Some of the technologies are used by Athento Capture are: OCR (Optical Character Recognition), Forms Processing, Barcode Recognition, Neural Networks, Regular Expressions, Image Processing and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
This is the heart of enterprise content's lifecycle. The management component connects all other components of ECM cycle and allows for the exploitation of information contained in documents and content. Within the category of Management, Athento offers solutions to issues such as:
- * Document Management (DM): Athento can help you manage traditional business documents. With Athento, you can create new versions of your documents and keep them accessible at all times. (Read more about Document Management)
- * Enterprise Content Management (ECM): In addition to documents, companies manage other content. Athento provides features for Digital Asset Management (DAM) that allows for the management of other content such as emails, images, and videos, etc.. (Read more about Enterprise Content Management-ECM)
- * Web Content Management (WCM): Companies manage web content like blogs, wikis, or websites. With Athento, this content can also be kept under total control.
- * Workflows: Workflows are used to guide the content of the company at the time indicated to those who really need to work with content. With Athento, you can integrate the Intelligent Business Process and design workflows that increase the efficiency of your processes. (Read more about Workflows)
- * Records Management: Athento can also process those documents that are not going to change and that need to be preserved in their original form.
- * Intelligent Information Understanding: Athento can build relationships between documents, significantly improving the amount of time spent on searches. It uses NLP and semantic technologies.(Read more about Semantic Technology)
- * Collaboration: Athento allows people to work together on documents at the same time, to share documents with internal and external users, and to use other collaborative tools.(Read more about collaboration)
- * Format conversion, Digital signature, etc.: To maintain security and enable collaboration, Athento offers many other tools.
Athento can use its own document repository or store documents and content on other ECM software. Connecting via CMIS, Athento can integrate with document managers such as Nuxeo, Alfresco, Sharepoint, OpenText, Documentum or FileNet, among others. Athento does not only work with documents and content stored in document management software or ECM Systems; it can actually integrate with any system that stores documents, such as Box (online file storage service).
Athento also provides useful features for documents whose content will not change, in order to keep this type of content undamaged and unchanged for long periods of time. Regulations for handling certain types of documents are forcing many companies to think of a solution for this ECM component. Records Management is the option to comply with the life cycle of documents that need to remain unchanged.
This component enables parties to share information with other systems during other phases of ECM. Exchanging of information between internal applications is vital for businesses and internal processes can avoid being disjointed and inefficient. Receiving and sending documents to Intranets, Extranets, other document management systems, or business applications is vital to ensure full accessibility to information. (Read more about Athento Platform).
Want to know more about Athento?